A person who frequents the Boom Room at Live For This Fitness; one who appreciates healthy competition, feats of strength, endurance challenges and has the best damn time doing it; an inspiring individual who supports and encourages his/her fellow BOOMer and the community at large.
“I heard a BOOMer once rowed for 4087 cals. They finished, wandered off into the night and were never heard from again.”
“If a BOOMer hits a new PR alone in a forest, does it count?”
Things that make you go BOOM, BOOM goes the dynamite, bringing the BOOM, BOOMmunity, people of the BOOM…BOOMers.
If any of that made any sense to you…you just might be a BOOMer!
Today we are highlighting the mighty BOOMer. We live for the challenge. We live for the Boom Room. We live for this: fitness. (See what I did there?)
I’ve created the ultimate list of things only a BOOMer could understand. How many of these do you relate to? Any of them make smile? You just might be a BOOMer!
You know you’re a BOOMer when…
- You immediately know Gonzo is coaching because you hear the music before you open your car door in the parking lot
- You hear “Purple Lamborghini” and your body automatically gets ready for a BOD
- You never miss a Monday, leg day or TBC
- Hearing “Jingle Bells” is a little bit like Chinese water torture
- You walk in the Boom Room and know you’re in for it when you see that two of the three boards are blank
- When someone says “that’s a hot bod” you think they are talking about a really good workout
- You know that just when the blisters on your hands finally heal up you’ll inevitably see pull-ups or toe-to-bars on the board the next day
- You catch yourself saying things like “knucklehead”, “son-of-a-biscuit” and “don’t be a wiener”
- You understand that if it doesn’t touch the boobies it doesn’t count
- You miss one day in the Boom Room and it feels like you were gone for a week
- You don't have to force yourself to go to the gym...you have to force yourself to take a day off
- You automatically think of Coach Lance when you see anything Captain America
- You roll the dice and get burpees every damn time
- You check what other BOOMers are racking before you rack your own weight
- You’ve signed a box
- You look forward to Coach Ashley’s Booty Camp Classes…if not attending them, the pictures that are posted later
- You hear “Bring Sally Up” and automatically start doing squats
- You hear “Thunderstruck” and automatically start doing burpees
- You know that the only good thing about the air assault bike is the wind that blows up at you when you pedal
- You know that when a fellow BOOMer or Coach comes over and puts more weight on your bar it doesn’t mean they think you’re slacking, it means they believe in you
- You’re sore every day and are still trying to figure out the “everything stretch”
- You’ve survived a “Boom Week”
- Whenever there is 1 minute left on the clock (even the microwave at home) you expect a “Strever Shout-out”
- It’s completely normal for someone to be dancing at you while you exercise
- You get excited when you see a car with an LFT sticker on it
- If you're able, you snap a picture of the car with the sticker and post it to the Boom Squad page to find out who it was
- You have an LFT sticker on your car as well….and you wear LFT clothes and drink from an LFT water bottle
- You are very familiar with cardio cough
- You’ve perfected shouting “BOOM” loud enough to shatter a wine glass
- You find yourself referring to yourself as a BOOMer more often than a person
Yo ho yo ho a BOOMers life for me!
I have merely scratched the surface as there are so many other things that make being a BOOMer the best! To know a BOOMer is to love a BOOMer. There’s no better community. We lift each other up, we laugh and we love, we work and we grind, we give back to those who need it…and we are always stronger together. I love you BOOMers!
If you have more BOOMer-isms please share them in the comments!
Ready to become a BOOMer yourself!? Join us! Your first 2 weeks are free! Sign up hereand start today!
Coach Loni also runs the LFT blog, bringing you informative, uplifting and motivating articles and videos to help you achieve your goals and live your best life.